Friday, July 2, 2010

We Got Another Dog!

We got another doggy!  Well, ok - just for the next 2 weeks.

We are dogsitting Carter while my parents are away on vacation in Hawaii.  They are so lucky! 

It might be a funny farm around here the next couple of days, what with watching 2 dogs, a cat, and a baby.  I think we'll manage though.  Carter seems to guard Abby and be protective of her and is quite interested in her.  

This past week we've had some beautiful weather!  Peter and I took advantage of it and had some nice walks and visits to parks and Merrymead.  Today I met a co-worker for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen which was nice and she got to meet Abby.  Abby was very well-behaved!  Later in the evening, we went for some cheesesteaks -  at where else but Pudge's.

In other news, Abby had her 1 month check-up yesterday and she is doing well!  She is now 7 lbs., 11oz. (which means she is gaining about 5.5oz. a week which is good), and grew another 2 inches from 19.5" to 21.5".  She is still tiny but at least is growing and gaining well now.  She also had to get a Hep B shot (2 of 3) which was sad to watch but she didn't cry or carry on for too long.  

It's Abby's first 4th of July weekend which means I get to dress her up in adorable red, white, and blue outfits for the occasion!  I'll be sure to post pics but in the meantime, here she is taking a nappy on Daddy's lappy:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment