Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Ups and the Downs

Monday was a rough day.  Peter was at work so it was just me and Abby during the day.  She napped decently in the morning but the rest of the day she just wasn't too happy.  She fussed a lot and I went through the mental list of what it could be - diaper change, feeding, too hot, too cold, bored, too stimulated, gas pains, uncomfortable, etc.  Mix that in with a dog constantly licking her butt and a cat constantly scratching at walls and doors (food-obsessed) and I was pooped.  There were also some breastfeeding pains (literally, oy).  Plus I don't think I got to shower until 4pm (boy did that shower feel GOOD) and perhaps I did not brush my teeth til' then either.  Oh well, what can ya do? 

Monday evening we went to the General Lafayette Inn for Todd's 30th birthday.  I figured Abby was up most of the day carrying on and that she'd be good and sleep most of the night while there (plus I fed her right before leaving).  She was good for the first 10 minutes or so and then cried almost the whole rest of the time.  Ooops.  What a day!  I must say though, she slept well that night and didn't give us too hard of a time. 

Tuesday was a good day (and Peter was home with us). 

I was a lil' worried about today, with Peter being at work and wondered if it'd be like Monday all over again.  It was a great day though!  The weather was absolutely perfect.  I took Abby for a nice walk in the neighborhood, she napped well, she fed well, she had lots of smiles and silly faces to give me, I got to relax and eat my lunch, we hung out on the swing in the backyard and that was that.

Being a parent is quite a learning experience and there will be up days and down days and in-between days.  Abby learns from us and we learn from Abby - it's a wonderful family learning experience!! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment